What we do
The foundation Vialisa was founded in 2003 and has been active in de slums of Dhaka, Bangladesh since 2004. It is Vialisa’s mission to support youth in building an economically independent existence, in which the values of self-confidence, self-reliance and human dignity are central.
Vialisa complements what is already being done by other organisations in Dhaka. This is done by using a method that achieves better results in the short term and also has a long-term effect in terms of opportunities for the future of the youth.
Despite the many NGOs in Bangladesh that do good work to get children to go to school, there are still many youth in Bangladesh who are not given the opportunity to go to school. As soon as they reach the age group of 15+, they receive no more help, they cannot participate in the available trainings. But they also deserve access to an education and a job that enables them to build up an independent life. That is why Vialisa exists, to help these youth.
Vialisa’s goal for youth between the age of 15 and 21 is:
- To offer a practical training to increase chances on the labour market;
- A placement in companies that will not exploit them or make them perform dangerous work;
- To provide them with a mentor whom they can ask for advice on career guidance;
- To provide a medical check and assistance with medical problems;
- To provide budget counselling and to teach them how to save for emergency situations;
- To support them with mediation in case of home problems and/or with the employer
Bank Account: ING Bank (Amsterdam)
Swift / Bic code: INGBNL2A
ANBI nummer: 8120.95.261
3465 TH Driebruggen
Road 23/b, house 1, Apt A4
Gulshan 1, Dhaka - 1212
Korail Bou Bazaar Slum Area
Unit-Kha, House 152
Ward 19, Ershad School mud field