We commit ourselves to street children and working youths (from the age of 15 to 21) in the slums of Dhaka. These are often youths – if not still children – responsible for an entire family, as income from one or both parents is lacking or insufficient to live off.
The objective, is to:
- Provide them with practical training in order to increase their employment opportunities;
- Place them with companies that will not exploit them or let them perform hazardous work;
- Provide them with a mentor who they can turn to for advice, when it comes to career guidance;
- Provide health assessment and assist in medical problems;
- Provide budget guidance and teach them to save for emergencies;
- Help them mediate with problems at home and/or with their employers.